BEIJING, CHINA (AUGUST 19, 2011) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. UNITED STATES VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN WALKING TOWARDS CHINESE VICE PRESIDENT XI JINPING AND SHAKING HIS HAND
2. BIDEN AND XI SHAKING HANDS AND SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER
3. BIDEN, XI AND OFFICIALS IN MEETING
4. BIDEN AND XI
5. CAMERA FILMING
6. (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE VICE PRESIDENT XI JINPING, SAYING:
"We will continue to implement a pro-active fiscal policy and prudent monetary policy. We will keep stability and consistency in macroeconomic policies. Meanwhile, we will also make the policies more targeted, flexible and forward-looking. We're going to strike a proper balance between fast and steady growth, adjustment of economic structure and managing inflation expectations. We are confident that we are able to keep steady and fast economic growth. There will never be a so-called hard landing for the Chinese economy."
7. OFFICIAL LOOKING THROUGH DOCUMENTS
8. (SOUNDBITE) (English) U.S. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN, SAYING:
"Competition is healthy. It is good - it has awakened us. It has regenerated us. It is nothing but welcomed on the part of the United States. And one other point we'll get to discuss today, I hope we will discuss, is that we, President Obama and I, we welcome and encourage and see nothing but positive benefits flowing from direct investment in the United States from Chinese businesses and Chinese entities. It means jobs. It means American jobs."
For more up to date News visit our website: http://www.myafricachannel.tv or follow us on tweeter @mactv_d